4 Cups Flour
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 Tsp Salt
2 Pkg Dry Yeast
1 Cup Milk
1 Stick Butter
1 Each Egg
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Tbl Cinnamon
2 Tsps Dry Vanilla Powder
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
2 Tbl Milk
1. Scald the milk then add a 1/2 stick butter and allow to melt and cool.
2. Combine flour, sugar, and salt into mixing bowl.
3. Add yeast to warm milk and let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Add yeast, milk, and egg to dry ingredients.
5. Beat until combined.
6. Cover and let rise about 2 hours or until double in size.
7. When double in size turn the dough onto a well floured bread board.
8. Roll the dough into a rectangle about the size of a large baking sheet or jelly roll pan.
9. Melt the remaining butter and brush on dough.
10. Combine sugar, cinnamon, and 1 tsp dry vanilla into a bowl then sprinkle evenly over butter.
11. Roll gently into a long tube shape.
12. Slice into 16 slices and place into 2 8" round cake pans that have been sprayed with nonstick spray.
13. Cover and let rise until double.
14. Bake at 350* for 30 minutes or until golden.
15. Stir powdered sugar, 1 tsp dry vanilla, and 2 Tbl milk together to form glaze.
16. After rolls have cooled slightly drizzle with glaze.
This recipe makes 16 cinnamon rolls.
Liquid vanilla can be substituted but the dry vanill powder yields the best result.