1 1/2 Cups Warm water
3 1/2 Cups Flour
1 1/2 Tsp Hawaiian sea salt
2 Tsp Dry yeast
1. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Allow to rise in a warm place for about 2 hours.
3. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
4. When ready to make bread simply tear of a blob of dough.
5. Form into a loaf, baguette, or individual rolls.
6. Let rest at room temperature for 1 hour on parchment paper. Dough can a placed into a loaf or muffin pan if you prefer.
7. Bake in a 450* oven for 25 minutes until golden brown.
This recipe makes 2-3 loaves of bread
Hawaiian sea salt adds a delicate flavor to a very simple dough. Regular table salt will work but once you try the Hawaiian salt you will never so back to table salt in this recipe.
You can also add a tablespoon of honey to the dough if you like a sweeter bread.
Fresh or dried herbs can be gently kneaded into the bread dough after you remove the dough blob from the refrigerator prior to forming the loaf for baking.
Dough can be baked on a heated stone. baking sheet, or in an assortment of pans.
Add a small oven proof dish filled with 1 cup of hot water to make a crispier crust.