2 Cups Flour
3 Tbls Butter
3 Tbls Sugar
1/4 Tsp Salt
1 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
3 Cups Rose Petals
1 Tbls Dried Lavender
1 --- Zest from Fresh lemon
2 Tsp Fresh Lavender
1 Tsp Vanilla
2 Tsp Sugar *
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
1. Place 1 cup of the heavy cream, dried lavender, and 1 1/2 cups of the rose petals into a mini food processor and pulse for 5-10 seconds until the flowers are well chopped and the cream in whipped. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
2. Place flour, butter, sugar, and salt in food processor. Pulse until butter is incorporated into the flour and it looks like fine sand.
3. Slice remaining rose petals into thin ribbons.
4. Combine flour mixture with rose petals, flower infused whipped cream, vanilla, lemon zest, and remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream until well combined
5. Place into an 8" spring form pan and sprinkle with 2 tsp sugar.
6. Bake in a 425* oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Gently remove outer ring of spring form pan. Slice into 8 pieces. Spread out on cookie sheet and return to oven for another 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
7. Make a glaze with the powdered sugar and a few drops of water. Drizzle on top of scones and sprinkle with fresh lavender.
This recipe makes 8 scones.
Infuse the cream with the most fragrant petals. The most fragrant are usually paler in color. Red petals fold into the scone dough makes the most visually pleasing finished scone.
* Lavender sugar is preferred and can easily be made my placing fresh or dried chopped lavender in to a cup of sugar for a week or more in advance of making the scones.
Make sure the flowers you use are free of pesticides and approved for culinary purposes.