2 Cups Sugar
2 Cups Water
1 Bag Cranberries
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Tbls Vanilla - Dry Powder
1. Combine 2 cups sugar, water, and cranberries into a sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Do not boil or the cranberries will pop.
2. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
3. Cover and refrigerate cranberries and sugar syrup for 8 hours or overnight.
4. Drain cranberries, reserving sugar syrup if desired.
5. Mix 3/4 cup sugar and dry powdered vanilla in a large shallow baking dish or sheet pan.
6. Add cranberries to the sugar mixture and shake gently to evenly coat the entire cranberry with the sugar mixture.
7. Let dry at room temperature for 1 hour.
8. Sugar coated cranberries can be stored for a month or more in the refrigerator.
This recipe is certain to brighten your holidays and delight your guests.
Eliminate the vanilla if all you have on hand is liquid vanilla extract..
These cranberries look like little mini snowballs.