1 Lb Fresh Cranberries
2 Ea Apples
1 Ea Orange
2 Cups Water
1 Box Raspberry Gelatin, small
1 Oz Grand Marnier
1 Tbls Vanilla
1/2 Cup Tapioca
1 Cup Sugar if desired
1. Zest the orange then peel the orange.
2. Combine cranberries, apples, orange zest, orange, water. in saucepan.
3. Cook over low heat until soft.
4. Transfer to Vitamix and puree until smooth. If using a less powerful blender you may need to strain the mixture.
5. Return mixture to saucepan and place on low heat.
6. Add raspberry gelatin stirring until disolved.
7. Add sugar to taste.
8. Add tapioca and gradually increase heat to bring mixture to a full boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
9. Remove from heat and add vanilla and grand marnier.
10. Place into serving bowl or wine glasses and refrigerate until set.
This recipe makes 4 cups of pudding.
Mom's family like to use Granny Smith or Honey Crisp apples.
Depending upon the sweetness of the apples and the tartness of the cranberries you may need to add some sugar.
Mom recommends doing a taste test and adding as much or as little sugar to achieve the balance you prefer.
Cranberry juice can be substituted for all or some of the water.