8 Oz Salmon Filet, seasoned as desired
1 Each Zucchini
1/4 Cup Walden Farms Peanut Spread
2 Tbl Walden Farms Ginger Soy Dressing
2 Tbl PB2
1 Tsp Creamy Peanut Butter
2 Tsp Soy Sauce
1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger
1 Tsp Paprika (Hungarian)
2 Tsp Water
1. Season salmon filet as desired. If you are completely stumped drizzle lightly with honey then spinkle lemon pepper, paprika, and an italian seasoning blend.
2. Line a broiling pan with foil and spray lightly with a non stick spray if desired. Place salmon on pan and place in oven about 4 inces from heat source. Depending upon the thickness it may take 12-15 minutes to cook. It is done when the fish firms up and flakes easily. If you are nervous place it in the center of the oven so it will not brown so quickly. You can also bake it at 350* for 15-20 minutes and broil to finish.
3. While the fish is cooking make the peanut sauce and zucchini. If you are not confident enough in cooking salmon you may want to wait intil the zucchini is done before cooking the salmon.
4. Using a mandoline. food processor, or sharp knife cut the zucchini into julienned strips to resemble spaghetti noodles and set aside.
5. Combine remaining ingredients until well blended and toss with raw zucchini.
6. Microwave zucchini and peanut sauce for 1 minute 30 seconds on high until zucchini is soft enough to twirl on a fork.
7. Place cooked salmon on top of the warmed zucchini noodles. Garnish with crumpled cashews if desired.
This recipe makes 2 servings.
Walden Farms and PB2 are used to substantially cut the calories without sacrificing flavor.
Salmon can be seasoned in many ways and still be tasty. Let your imagine run wild or try:
Drizzling with honey, olive oil, soy sauce, or lemon juice. (Lime and orange are good too.) Sprinkle paprika (Hungarian paprika is the best), chili powder, Mrs. Dash, cayenne/black/lemon pepper, garlic and/or onion powder, italian seasoning or herb d' provence, ginger, cinnamon. Orange marmelade or mustard works well too.