3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon smoked sea salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Mrs. Richardson's caramel topping
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 Cup Heath bar crunch chips
Extra sea salt.
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Sift together flour and baking sosa
4. Add in the eggs and vanilla.
5. Add in the flour.
6. Gently blend in the chocolate chips and Heath bar crunch chips.
7. Drop by a cookie scoop onto a greased baking sheet.
8. Flattened slightly and sprinkle with additional smoked sea salt.
9. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly brown for chewy cookie or 10 to 12 minutes for a crisper cookie.
10. Let cool for a minute then remove to cooling rack.
This recipe makes 3 dozen cookies.
Smoked sea salt is a favorite for this recipe but others work well too. You can, however, use regular sea salt in the cookie recipe and skip the extra sprinkling of sea salt on top.
Mom likes to use Mrs. Richardson's caramel topping for this recipe rather than making caramel from scratch so this remains a quick and easy recipe that can be mixed up and baked quickly and easily.
Depending upon the sweetness of the apples and the tartness of the cranberries you may need to add some sugar.